TrueRTA Version 3.5.6 is released
- Added a preference setting for selecting
inter-channel sample offset. This helps to achieve precision nulling
with a wider variety of hardware.
ALL TrueRTA V3 users can
download this FREE UPGRADE!
TrueRTA Version 3.5.5 is released
- Improved behavior of input edit fields.
- Generator frequency is saved with up to two decimal
digits of resolution
TrueRTA Version 3.5.4 is released
- Fixed a bug related to Level 3 Quick Sweep
TrueRTA Version 3.5.3 is released
- Improved the Audio Selection Dialog to display many
more audio devices
- Improved the oscilloscope triggering and sweep
- Numerous other small improvements
TrueRTA Version 3.5.2 is released
- Fixed a bug where the line in calibration could
become corrupt between launches
TrueRTA Version 3.5.1 is released
- The application now remembers audio
device selections between launches
- Revised the Audio Device Selection dialog to shift
output devices to the top of the list
- Revised to maintain separate calibration settings
from previous versions
- Adjusted default calibration for the
Behringer UCA202 USB Audio Interface
- Other small bug fixes and improvements
TrueRTA Version 3.5.0 is released
- Fully Compatible With Windows 7
(both 32 and 64 bit editions)
- Added a new Audio Device Selection
dialog for selecting input and output devices from within the
- Quick Sweep was improved to operate
at any signal level
- Expanded User's Guide
- Revised default calibration for the
Behringer UCA202 USB Audio Interface
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements
TrueRTA Version 3.4.1 is released
- Fixed a bug where V3.4.0 lost the
project notes of older files.
- This was the last version that ran
under Windows versions prior to Windows XP.
Download TrueRTA v3.4.1
TrueRTA Version 3.4.0 is released
- The internal data structure was widely revised and simplified with the result that the analyzer now runs more efficiently with significantly reduced CPU usage.
- The precision of all utility functions is improved with the new structure. The smoothing utility now operates with essentially no perceived delay'even for the broadest smoothing operations. The reduced processing time allowed the upper limit of the smoothing range to be increased from 1 octave to 5 octaves.
- The accuracy for repeated data export/import is now excellent.
- Further benefits for the revision include greatly reduced file size and faster file operations. Note that project files saved with previous versions of TrueRTA are forward compatible with the new version. However, files saved with the new version are not backward compatible with previous versions.
- The Peak Hold bar display mode was revised to also show the live data within the peak.
- A Trigger Level Control and selection for Automatic Triggering were added at the Oscilloscope Tool Bar. Scope triggering is now much like that of a bench-top scope. Scope trace printing was changed so that traces are not printed outside the scope area.
- The Oscilloscope display can now be scrolled horizontally using Alt+Right and Alt+Left.
A preference selection was added to choose DC offset removal at the oscilloscope. The oscilloscope now uses separate DC offset removal for each of the two channels.
- A preference selection was added to allow the scope trace to be viewed as isolated data points rather than line-connected points. This provides a more intuitive view of higher frequency waveforms where line-connected points are not representative of the true analog waveform.
- The 'Black' color scheme was revised to provide more vivid colors but with reduced plot grid brightness.
- The Generator Dialog Bar's tab order was corrected.
- Many other small improvements were also made.
TrueRTA Version 3.3.4 is released
- The on screen meter display readings
(dBu, dB SPL and crest factor) are now saved with each memory.
- SPL Measurements are now portable
between different PCs.
- The maximum number of imported data
points has been increased from 850 to 5000.
TrueRTA Version 3.3.3 is released
- The Help System is now fully VISTA
- The new software installer is more
compact and is compatible with a broader range of Windows versions.
TrueRTA Version 3.3.2 is released
- Fixed a bug in the sum and difference
TrueRTA Version 3.3.1 is released
- Both Memory 1 and 2 are now drawn
while the analyzer runs to allow upper and lower limits to be
displayed while data is collected
- Fixed a problem where the scope trace
was not seen after Quick Sweep
TrueRTA Version 3.3.0 is released
- Added support for House Curves
including SMPTE X-Curves
- Fixed a problem with peak hold
- Added a preference to enable/disable
- Increased the Notes area from 2 lines
to 5 lines of text
TrueRTA Version 3.2.0 is released
- Added new generator waveforms: square,
triangle, saw tooth and impulse
- Added the capability to adjust the
square wave duty cycle
- Expanded metering to include dBu peak
- Increased metering display from 4
digits to 5 digits precision
TrueRTA Version 3.1.1 is released
- Fixed a bug where averaging required
that Memory 1 be used.
- Fixed a bug where the dB boxes did not
update completely when a project file was loaded.
TrueRTA Version 3.1.0 is released
TrueRTA now saves and loads Single
Memory Files (.rt1 file type) to facilitate creating custom reports
with mixed data from more than one project file.
Project files now save and load the
complete application setup so that 'test setup' files can be saved and
when loaded they completely restore the test setup in addition to the
saved data. Saved settings include dB and frequency limits, the Mic
calibration file, window size and position'over application 50
settings in all. Old file types can still be opened but will be saved
in the new file format.
Now exports the full frequency range of
data rather than just the selected range.
Revised and updated the Help Topics.
Added custom file icons and the ability
to open a project file by either double-clicking the icon, or dragging
the icon and dropping it on the application window.
Fixed a bug where the utilities could
give bogus results if the FFT sizes or input sampling frequencies of
the data were not matched.
Fixed a bug where importing data breaks
Mic Cal interpolation.
Fixed a bug where exported data was not
calibrated for all sampling frequencies.
TrueRTA Version 3.0.3 is released
- Fixed a bug where a bar was drawn at
the left edge at startup
TrueRTA Version 3.0.2 is released
- Improved the performance of
- Fix a bug that caused a crash on exit
- Fix a bug in the smoothing utility
- Fix a bug related to importing data in
the SPL mode
- Fix calibration error related to input
- Improved computational efficiency at
- Change default to analyzer not running
- Revise the Black and Dark Gray color
schemes for less contrast
TrueRTA Version 3.0.1 is released
- The smoothing function was revised.
- The installation folder was changed to
TrueRTA Version 3.0.0 is released
This is a major new release with many new
- Project file saves measurements and
- Memory Bar with 20 memories
- Greatly expanded and improved printing
- Data Import with interpolation
- Notes Bar with Auto Notes
- SPL Scale and SPL Calibration
- Post Processing Utilities
- Cursor Readout
- Sound System Cal and Mic Cal now
- Max Sampling Frequency increased to 96
- Now saves one scope trace with the
- New Preferences Settings
TrueRTA Version 2.0.3 is released
Reviewed and revised buffer
sizes and thread priorities to level CPU usage.
Faster operation at low sampling frequencies improves very low frequency
Corrected dB references to consistently refer only to "dBu"
Improved scope stability and reduced scope's CPU usage.
Revised the CPU usage warning dialog that would sometimes not draw right
Click here to download the
final version 2 release: Download
TrueRTA Version 2.0.2 is released
Improved stability of audio
Disabled certain commands while Quick Sweep is in progress.
TrueRTA Version 2.0.1 is released
Revised Quick Sweep for less
overhead so it runs better on slower PCs.
Added a button to select default calibration at the Line In/Out
Now does a second sweep after sound card calibration to show corrected
Fixed a number of small bugs.
TrueRTA Version 2.0.0 is released
New features include a "Quick
Sweep" feature that automatically generates a digital sweep and
acquires the frequency response with a single click. There is a new
calibration procedure that removes your sound card's response from
your measurements. There is also a new "Relative Mode" feature
that allows you to use any response curve as the reference for
subsequent measurements. The line mode plots now have a smoother look
due to a change in how they are plotted. The interface has been largely
redesigned. You can now export response data.
TrueRTA Version 1.0.0 is released
The initial release of TrueRTA.
Here are the most commonly
reported problems along with suggested solutions. Also see the FAQ.
clicking OK at the calibration dialog I can no longer see any response:
Your TrueRTA is probably miscalibrated. The quick fix is to go to the Audio I/O menu and open the Line Out and Line In Calibration
dialogs. At each of these dialogs click on the button labeled
"Restore Default Calibration." That should fix the problem.
I seem to be getting feedback of some
You may have the Windows Playback mixer set
wrong. Open the Windows Playback mixer and make sure that you DO NOT have
Line-In selected and that the Line-In fader is at minimum. Only the WAVE
signal should be selected at the Play mixer. (a hard wired feedback loop
can be created if you are in loopback configuration with the Line-In
signal is selected and fader raised...not good) This
can cause a wide range of strange problems.
Send us mail detailing any
other questions or problems: firstname.lastname@example.org